Home › Forums › CHILDHOOD DISORDERS FORUM › Tourette’s Syndrome Topic › Welcome to the Tourette’s Syndrome Topic
Viewing 0 reply threads
Forum AdminKeymasterDecember 25, 2017 at 10:29 pmPost count: 58
Welcome to the Tourette’s Syndrome Topic.
Tourette syndrome (TS) is a disorder that affects the body’s brain and nervous system by causing tics — sudden, repetitive movements or sounds that some people make, seemingly without realizing it. A person with Tourette syndrome has multiple motor tics and at least one vocal tic.
- Discussions in forums can often get heated, but while you may take issue with another poster’s viewpoint, you must not resort to personal attacks or abuse. Do not post offensive or inflammatory remarks that stray beyond the bounds of reasoned debate. Calling another poster an “idiot” will leave a post subject to immediate removal.
- Do not post profanity. There may be occasions where the context of certain words may be acceptable, and this will be at the moderators’ discretion, however posts containing profanity will often be removed automatically by the “robomod”. There will be situations where it removes inoffensive posts, but this is unavoidable.
- Do not post material which is obscene, indecent or pornographic.
- Please stay on topic. There is clearly a subjective judgment to be made as to whether a post strays off topic and in the majority of cases the post will not be deleted unless it is considered to be disruptive to the thread and its participants.
- While it is acceptable to post links to external articles and information, you may not use these forums for advertising or promotion of products or services or canvassing support for political parties or movements. You may post links to personal home pages, but repeated spamming of such links is not permitted.
Do not make defamatory posts. While reasonable criticism of an individual or organization is not in itself libellous, any post that adversely affects the reputation of a clearly identifiable person or company is likely to be removed.
- Do not harass other members of the community. Harassment is any unwanted conduct including insults, jokes and any remarks affecting the dignity of another. Such conduct could relate to gender, race, nationality, sexuality, religion, disability or other similarly sensitive issues.
- Do not post information which invades the privacy of another individual, or the disclosure of which would breach an individual’s reasonable expectation of confidentiality.
- Any posts which are deemed to be incitements to commit criminal offenses, or any post which seeks to influence another to commit an offense will be removed.
- Repeated posting of the same material (spamming) is not acceptable.
- Overly trivial posts may be removed at the discretion of the forum moderators if they are deemed to be disruptive or distracting to the thread and its participants.
- Do not rant. Ranting is defined here as a style of post that comes across as a political broadcast or an angry protest that does little to progress the discussion or to involve other posters. Such postings often feel like an intrusion into the general debate, regardless of the validity of the points being made.
Viewing 0 reply threads
- The topic ‘Welcome to the Tourette’s Syndrome Topic’ is closed to new replies.